Deep Fried Beetle

on Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Upon our 3rd day away from civilization and helping the local tribe at Palawan from a mountain, I got sick and exhausted and the quack doctor from the the tagbanua tribe told us I got poisoned by some mambabarang ( I don't know what's the english for mambabarang but it is like a witch where they put some cursed to you that will make you sick.) Some local believe to this... and they pray some chant and convince me to eat .... this..
Eight pieces of that fried beetle, it not an ordinary beetle but an enchanted deep fried beetle. I got pale when I saw the bug and scared to death but the quack doctor keep saying this " eat! Eat! eat! you are getting pale.. eat this before its too late.."
     Whats the taste? taste like bitter gourd with  phlegm... swallowing them... too nasty....  I hate getting sick when I'm in an outreach program... well I got well and need to be healthy as fast as  I can before eating and swallowing another nasty medicine...

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

yuck.. no quack will tell me to eat this... get well soon

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...