Exotic Food: Betute

on Sunday, July 10, 2011


    It's raining and I'm hearing a lots of noisy frog, upon hearing those frog I miss eating Betute.. A betute is an exotic food for other but a delicacy for kapampangan (native of Pampanga), It is a deep fried frog farm stuffed with ground beef or pork, with carrots, potato, onion, chili and a flour for breadings..It's taste so good.. Taste like chicken and the stuffings is mouthwatering. .
    Whenever I have the chance to visit my mothers  province, I never failed to have an adventure in province. When its raining , it means time to hunt for frog in our farm with my cousins.. Catching a frog is  not easy, you need to be fast and you will loose a lot of calories before you can eat one.. Eating betute is a real challenge because it will take me 5-15 minutes just to get 1 frog because they jump fast and ran fast and the mud and hurdles in farm is not easy, the longer you stay in mud the heavier is you slippers but betute will only last in your mouth for 3 minutes..  Frog from farm is very clean and not toxic so it is not that gross...I only eat betute if we catch them because I am sure that its a farm frog... lol... I really miss eating that betute, the last time I ate that was 10 years ago....

1 comments:

Steve Bailey said...

Wow!! At first look Im thinking gross..... but I bet it does taste good!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...