Image of the Past

on Thursday, July 21, 2011

     A blast from the past. I saw this old photos of my aunties with my mom taken from our ancestral house. I enjoyed looking at their image back when they are teens and how the things change...



My mom said that this photo was taken in near of their house, she don't know the exact location and in doubt if it is front.. This was taken during Barrio Fiesta.  The woman who wears white is my Auntie, the eldest girl among Padilla siblings. We call her Ateng (a term of respect for older sister) and we are not used to call her Tita or Auntie since most of us youngster get used to that term of respect to her.


This are the Padilla Sister with their playmate(the one who doesn't have a slipper).
In front row: (from left to right) Susan, Ditseng Iling, Tita Annie
In back row: (from left to right) Ateng Ganda, Tita Agang, and my mom.

This was taken inside our ancestral house. The story about this picture was The roll of the film had one last shots and they decided to use it since Ditse (in the middle in front row) was practicing what she learned from beauty saloon, she honed her skill by practicing to her siblings, if my moms and my aunties will not agree to become a guinea pig, they will have a  brawl fight and the younger one didn't win. They hate make up and being  groomed if there's no occasion.  My mom said they end up well groomed and Ditse was a good beautician and the proof is this photo.


This was taken from kamalig ( Rice stockroom). Only one person I know here.. the man who's sitting is my grandfather.


 Now this is the look of ancestor house inside.. my mom and my tita Annie

 Now this is the front of our ancestral house with my Ditse and Ateng.. In the past their background is the cartwheel.. now a car... LOL

This is how they look now.. from left to right: Tita Agang, Ateng Ganda, Tita Annie, Ditseng Iling with my Uncle that we called Dikong. ( the man in the back is my cousin)

1 comments:

Petronela said...

Lovely lovely article Jade, I am fascinated by old photos. You made a very interesting past-present connection. Kisses.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...