In the name of ART

on Sunday, July 3, 2011

    One thing I'm proud of is my talent on drawing and my interest in art. When I was in grade school I even joined 5 times in drawing contest, from there I discover that it's in my blood because I won 3 out of 5 as a first and the other 1 is just a runner up.Also when I was in highschool, whenever there's a drawing required some of my classmate will pay me in able to draw for them.    
     I didn't have any major degree in art, but it was my frustration to be as good as the famous artist we all know.  I choose Architecture than studying fine arts because my parents said so.  My passion on art didn't stop while studying architecture because every time there's an on-the-spot drawing contest in my school I always joined.
It was clear on my mind that my entry didn't win the major price since the theme is "Student! Surviving the hardship of life" and I submit a drawing of a young man fetching a water in a school uniform in a slum, I admit I lost but when someone approach me about my entry and he wants to buy it, I asked why? he said it was beautiful and tells me the meaning of  the said the image showed him the painful life of a kid and he can see the determination of the kid and another guy approach me as well and offer a higher bid and he interpret the meaning behind the painting and I cried, I told him that was my story. I salute the guy because every detail of my painting he saw it, from bruises, to the environment, the brush stroke, the scene. I sold him the painting for Php5,000 (funny I lost in the contest which the major prize is only Php3000 )and he said that I have a big potential. He even ask me to draw another one but he asked for a white cross on the hill that gives hope. He said he will bring the painting in Australia and encourages me to pursue my dream.
   I'm not an expert artist but I know art when I saw one.  I can appreciate  beauty and I can admire art. Arts meaning can be different in every viewer, there's always a big debate about when will nudity become art and erotika pretending to be art, or where some foolish sexy actress saying that she's doing it in the name of art. Whenever I heard some "so-called actor" using the term " art " as excuses  is pissing me. 
Art and erotica aren't necessarily exclusive of each other.  As for who decides what is "art" and "why," that is a question full of hilarious examples. The most important factor is in the perceived intention of the artist. The perceived intention to "show all" or to "show a composition" determines how the viewer will assess the art, as nude or naked, to use your own words.  I believe everyone should decide what is "art" or not for themselves.  Unfortunately, it is most often decided by persons who have somehow managed to get themselves into position as arbiters of art.  We can decide for ourselves what is art, but if the arbiters don't agree then it will have no monetary value - but still can have an emotional value to the viewer/owner/regular person.    Art is the expressions of one  artist. It is the graphics of his emotion.



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...